cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns kit not sent

Hannah_W1
Joining in

I am posting this in absolute desperation as a final attempt to contact Virgin Media with regards to not receiving a returns kit. Over the period of a month I have made the following contact:

Completed 3 online requests for a returns package, 2 phone calls where I spoke in person to request one, and multiple other attempts to call but on hold for 30+ minutes therefore hung up. I have also submitted 3 formal complaints requesting a returns kit. I received one response for the first complaint saying VM had tried to contact me - I have phone and e-mail evidence that I have received no such contact. The only contact I have had is an e-mail saying that I will be charged if the kit is not returned. I don't know what else to do, VM have made it completely impossible to return the kit.

I am now moving in 2 days time. I have no use for the kit and would pay for returns myself but it has to be in their returns packaging. This is an attempt to hear from the VM team and any one else who has been in this situation. I can assure you that I will not be using VM again after this experience. It is now too late to return the package, I don't live near a store and I will not pay a fine for not returning the kit as I have done everything I possible can to do this. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

A very frustrating position to be in.

If no packaging turns up take all the VM kit with you so that you have full possession of it.

See if you can find a VM store that you take it to and ensure that you get a till / official VM receipt showing serial numbers of the kit.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid the Virgin Media stores are all closed and won't be reopening. Staff have been redeployed. virgin-media-retail-stores 

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team can pick this up for you. They may be able to ask a local tech to drop by and pick up the equipment.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

A very frustrating position to be in.

If no packaging turns up take all the VM kit with you so that you have full possession of it.

See if you can find a VM store that you take it to and ensure that you get a till / official VM receipt showing serial numbers of the kit.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid the Virgin Media stores are all closed and won't be reopening. Staff have been redeployed. virgin-media-retail-stores 

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team can pick this up for you. They may be able to ask a local tech to drop by and pick up the equipment.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hannah_W1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Currently we're not sending out returns packaging. A local technician will more than likely call to arrange collection. They'll have full ID with them as well 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

I'm having the same problems. I spoke to the Virgin Media team on the phone and was told I'd be sent a kit to return the box, it didn't arrive. I then received a text telling me I was going to be charged if I didn't return the kit, so I requested returns packaging online and it still hasn't arrived. 

It's been over a month, when will the technician get in touch with me? I don't actually live at the address anymore, so it's not just a case of a technician "turning up with full ID." Where do I give my new address so they know where to come pick it up?

Can you ensure I won't be charged?

Thanks

Ava

Hi AKG22,

Please order here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for coming back to me, however I have already tried ordering from there, and it's still not arrived. Can you advise on whether packs are actually being sent out? It doesn't seem like they are. 

Thanks

Ava

They are. Please do re-order 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John and all on this thread, I have the same problem. I moved on 30th August and still haven't received a returns kit despite having ordered it 3 times, and spent over 1.5 hours on the phone to follow up. I keep receiving messages that I will be charged if I don't return it. I will not waste more time on the phone or reordering kit, and I will not pay for something I have been trying to return all this time. Customer service should contact me and directly arrange a return as far as I am concerned. @John please do so or ask a colleague to.

Hi Melissa3

I am sorry you've not received your kit. Please re-order this here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team