cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning router to Virgin

MarkPlym
Tuning in

I have closed my old account with Virgin after moving house. I have completed the 'return your equipment' form 6 times over the last month, and also had a pick-up scheduled.

I never received a return package, and nobody showed up for the pick-up. But I keep getting emails telling me that I haven't returned the equipment and I will be charged for it. 

What can I do to actually have a return package sent to me, or to have the equipment picked up? I tried but nothing seems to work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MarkPlym, 

That's a happy coincidence! 

Thank you for letting me know but do please get in touch if we can assist in the future.

Take care

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Phone the support number 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Well, interesting saga.

I tried the 0345 number - I got the runaround with all the automated 'press 1 if something' and eventually on the 2nd try I got to an actual person. Who couldn't get me through authentication because my old account is closed.

Trying to get help by using the web chat is also not available if your account is closed.

Eventually on another attempt the guy who answered transferred me to the actual Customer Service, who promised to send me the blessed Return your Equipment package. Fingers crossed, maybe this time it works.

This is quite something, when you think that all they could do is to send an email with a self-addressed label I could print and attach to the box myself.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What equipment is it exactly as some of it they dont want back?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's Hub 3, the current version, so they do want it back.

They've been inundating me with emails complaining that I haven't returned it and saying I will be charged £40 for it, but they aren't giving me any way of returning it!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MarkPlym,

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not received the returns packaging for the Hub 3. 

I can take a closer look in to this from our side but I will just need to confirm a few details first if that's okay?

I'll pop you over a private message now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Natalie, thanks for replying.

Funny thing is, today I finally got the return packaging, so it's all packed and ready to go. Crisis ended! 🙂

... and just after I posted this, a Virgin guy came to my door and picked it up. How efficient is that!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MarkPlym, 

That's a happy coincidence! 

Thank you for letting me know but do please get in touch if we can assist in the future.

Take care

Nat