cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Equipment

Axolotly
Joining in

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is staying safe and well. I had a strange call yesterday from an engineer saying he was on his way to collect my equipment. I found this really odd since we left back in November and haven't received any communication from yourselves since the end of December. I informed him that we no longer have it, seeing as its been over five months and he said it was fine and went. 

I've been trying to check though that I'm not going to get any emails asking for payment for the failed return. I never recieved the packaging to return, nor did any of my requests for sequential return packaging get acknowledged and I didn't get a response via text service and I couldn't get through when I called. 

Annoyingly, last week we were having a clear out and disposed of the equipment as displayed via this link on your site:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

I work for a recycling company and know these have to be disposed of via proper WEEE methods so made sure of it, but the only person I've been able to speak to was an agent on chat who said I'll be getting charged? He then informed me he was actually just a sales rep from a store and he'll pass me through to a CS agent but after waiting five hours for a response I figured I wasn't going to get one.

I just need confirmation, as, as far as I'm concerned, I've followed protocol from your site and also kept the equipment for a substantial amount of time.

If any Virgin reps could responsed to this I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you and stay safe, 

Rich 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VmtechJS
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

I am a Virgin Media technician (71786), We do have technicians who do come over to collect old equipment from previous customers, personally I have never come across this in the field but I have been to new installs where the previous owners have left Their equipment there. If We haven't sent You any correspondence asking for it back or sent You a return postal box then I wouldn't worry about it. If You have Your old account number and area reference code I can look into it for You if You like? 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

J

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

VMtechlee
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ill PM you

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

VmtechJS
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

I am a Virgin Media technician (71786), We do have technicians who do come over to collect old equipment from previous customers, personally I have never come across this in the field but I have been to new installs where the previous owners have left Their equipment there. If We haven't sent You any correspondence asking for it back or sent You a return postal box then I wouldn't worry about it. If You have Your old account number and area reference code I can look into it for You if You like? 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

J

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thank you, 

The only corro I've recieved regarding it was back in December saying I'll be sent a package to put my stuff in, but again, I never recieved it unfortunately. 

If you could that would be amazing! 

[REMOVED]

Thank you, 

Rich 

Hello 

VM tech i have switched from Virgin a while ago and I want to return the equipment but have no idea how as I have not been sent anything to return it to you in.

I am happy to return it or just dispose of it but I want it gone 

Please help that would be much appreciated

Thanks Alex

It will need returning not disposing. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Do you have a Freepost address to return the equipment?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/returns

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thanks Gary however I can fulfill step 1 "When you leave us or change your services we’ll send you a pre-paid postal returns pack for any kit you need to return" as I do not have a pre-paid envelope. No one from VM is getting back to me!

Use the link towards the bottom of the page to request a mail pack then.