cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Upstream Issues

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Hello,

Around 6 months ago there was an area issue with capacity/congestion that was resolved under fault reference F008718191 - the thread for this is below:

Update on fault reference F008718191 - Virgin Media Community - 4651268

It seems that there is an issue again as I am regularly seeing packet loss on my connection and BQM, and my upstream channels keep dropping to 16 or 32 QAM - I also had a total loss of service on Friday night for around 15 minutes or so - and when the connectivity was restored the Upstream levels stayed on 16/32 QAM until I got bored checking them and went to bed.

Please can someone investigate why this is happening - another forum member, @Tazz also lives a street away from me is connected to the same Cabinet and is also experiencing the exact same issue - so this is not just localised to my home connection.

His thread on the previous matter is located here: Re: Gig1 Latency issues Bracknell in the evenings - Page 9 - Virgin Media Community - 4476643

Thanks,
Gary

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
50 REPLIES 50

NOSTALGIA

this thread takes me to the days when BT rolled out ADSL to the masses and most of the early adopters were really knowledgeable and used to use the community forum to let BT know about all sorts of faults and crashed in their systems, usually hours before the tech lads spotted it.

It seems a shame that as the masses increased and the technical knowledge got diluted, the tech people have been forced to fall back on the 'procedure', turn it on, turn it off etc and don't seem to be allowed to accept that the customer may actually know what/where the issue is.

Its back again... Good old virgin never works

risc19
Well-informed

@Tazz wrote:
Its back again... Good old virgin never works

Agreed.

I'm also have the exact same low level packet loss and erratic latency on my 1gig line at the moment.

So far you are the 5th BQM I've seen tonight will the same problem, not including mine.

Hmm I do wonder are you in Berkshire by any chance?

risc19
Well-informed

@Tazz wrote:
Hmm I do wonder are you in Berkshire by any chance?

Bingo!

I take it you are too?

I’m also having dips in upload performance. 

Out of nowhere it will dip down to 30mb.  

Yep myself and @gary_dexter are both in Berkshire and yep also seeing upload dips and disconnections... They will say its local and needs an engineer and wont report it to networks haha

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Virgin Media - what have you done!?

Some “essential” works were carried out in my area on Thursday and now my BQM latency is all over the place - what’s going on!?

Wednesday:

gary_dexter_0-1636145444641.jpeg

Thursday:

gary_dexter_1-1636145464950.jpeg

Friday (as of today):

gary_dexter_2-1636145478198.jpeg

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Berkshire at the moment...

risc19_0-1636151492404.png

Same here...

Before works: 

Tazz_1-1636153249664.png

Day of works after midday yesterday: 

Tazz_2-1636153334212.png

Today:

Tazz_0-1636153021342.png

Upstream channels 1-4 slow uploads channels 4-6 (after the 2:30pm reboot) better but still bad.

VM clearly have offloaded a load of people from a congested US channel group to ours... Terrible. Cannot wait to leave...

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

This is a joke, right!?

Getting between 8-20Mbps upload and should be getting 50Mbps.

Latency and packet loss in games is starting to show up as well…

gary_dexter_1-1636225134036.jpeg