cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Upstream Issues

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Hello,

Around 6 months ago there was an area issue with capacity/congestion that was resolved under fault reference F008718191 - the thread for this is below:

Update on fault reference F008718191 - Virgin Media Community - 4651268

It seems that there is an issue again as I am regularly seeing packet loss on my connection and BQM, and my upstream channels keep dropping to 16 or 32 QAM - I also had a total loss of service on Friday night for around 15 minutes or so - and when the connectivity was restored the Upstream levels stayed on 16/32 QAM until I got bored checking them and went to bed.

Please can someone investigate why this is happening - another forum member, @Tazz also lives a street away from me is connected to the same Cabinet and is also experiencing the exact same issue - so this is not just localised to my home connection.

His thread on the previous matter is located here: Re: Gig1 Latency issues Bracknell in the evenings - Page 9 - Virgin Media Community - 4476643

Thanks,
Gary

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
50 REPLIES 50

Hi @gary_dexter and @Tazz,

Thank you for that. As my colleague has advised, can you both also supply us with a link to your respective live BQMs so that we can take a look at your connections there too?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Here you go: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5a6beadb70b6dd3ffe84db8348672d7366...

Still carp for a so called top tier great for gaming package at £62...

@Zach_R its been terrible today... Any reasons why this is still going on and has not been passed to networks yet?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

39A6BBB6-2F6A-4869-A507-136AAB5A30BA.jpeg

Same. Another nigh-on 24 hours straight of packet loss and upstream dropping to 32QAM.

Please escalate this - I am currently out of contract and would rather not have to vote with my feet…

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Hi both, 

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. 

I'm sorry to hear and see that the issues are continuing. There is nothing at our end coming up which is showing a way for us to raise this to Networks I'm afraid. The only thing I can do is look at booking an engineer visit for each of you. The engineer will then be able to contact the Networks team whilst they are at your property to raise this further if need be. 

I will need to confirm your addresses so have sent you both a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I am sorry but you are not going to waste more of my time with engineer visits for this same issue. IT IS NOT LOCAL as we have proven time and time again.

I will just cancel and go back to BT until city fibre finish the dig in my area... Lost my patience with you guys now and your rubbish network.

I am sorry you feel this way, Tazz.

The engineer visit would be able to raise it to network level if they deem it needed.

Let us know if you wish to proceed with this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Whatever it was, it seems to have stopped now - but for how long?

This keeps happening every few weeks, then it disappears, and repeat.

gary_dexter_0-1634120434367.png

Stopped here too. All without wasting time on a technician. VM you can go ahead and pass on any cost savings I made for virgin onto my bill if you so wish 😉

Hi both, 

I'm very happy to hear things appear to have been resolved though I am sorry to hear that this appears to be repeating every few weeks! 

Can I ask how things are looking since your last post?

Thanks again.