cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Equipment

emilyCwoodhouse
Joining in

Hi, I was a virgin media customer for wifi in our student flat, due to the pandemic we moved out last March 2020 and cancelled appropriately. I was advised that I would receive a returns bag to send my equipment back but it never arrived so I was unable to return in. Now 15 months later I received a call to say virgin was sending a bag out to return the equipment I explained the situation that it had been over a year and I have moved property since I don’t think I still have it. The employee explained he would send it anyway just Incase I find it but it would be fine. I have however received an email to say I will be charged if it’s not been returned. I cannot access my old virgin media account, does this expire after so long ? Can you please advise on what will happen since I do not have the equipment anymore as it has been so long surely I can’t be expected to keep it forever and take it with me every time I move property’s.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What equipment was it?  Older stuff was to be recycled, newer stuff they want back.

See if this site is any help

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What equipment was it?  Older stuff was to be recycled, newer stuff they want back.

See if this site is any help

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s on there. 

It was a Arris Super Hub broadband Router. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which Superhub? Check at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hub 3 it is. Thank you 

They'll want those back!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You will need someone with some "legal nouse" to advise. But if they never sent you a returns package within a year of you cancelling your account then I am not sure that they have made every effort to get their equipment back and so may have become your property.

A legal eagle and a VM person should comment on here soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @emilyCwoodhouse,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

We put a pause on asking for equipment to be returned at the start of the pandemic last year and have only in the last few months started contacting customers again to organise returns through CollectPlus, or one of our key workers can safely collect from your doorstep. We asked customers to keep equipment safe until we got in touch with them.

That said, I can see you spoke with an agent since posting who has confirmed there will be no charge for this. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs