cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Booster name can't access online Hub

IAC2
On our wavelength

Hi,

After fixing booster signal issues now I seem to have a problem with devices automatically switching from router to booster to get the strongest signal. I am able to do it manually, but it's not ideal... I figured it might be because the names of the wifi networks are different so I tried going into the Hub through my browser and changing the booster name and password to match the routers but I keep seeing this message when trying to log in: "Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later." This seems like a bug, anyway I can fix this so I can access the hub? Couldn't do it through the app either, the only this the app shows is a "! Something is not right" message and a button to reset the hub (which fixes nothing).

I do not want to spend 4 hours (again) on the phone for someone to tell me to turn off and on my router and would very much appreciate a solution to this issue + an online link where I can schedule a technician to come over and set up things in person whenever they are not working. It's the right thing to do if us customers are unable to access channels to try and fix issues by ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

IAC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tech_Ben
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IAC2

If they are Virgin Media boosters that you have you can copy your hubs SSID to the boosters to allow for seamless connection between the two. 
I have included the link to the guide on how to do it below.
Set up Virgin Media Boosters | Boost your WiFi | Virgin Media

Step 3 is the one you want. 

I have also sent you to see if I can help you further so please keep an eye out for that.

Ben

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tech_Ben
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IAC2

If they are Virgin Media boosters that you have you can copy your hubs SSID to the boosters to allow for seamless connection between the two. 
I have included the link to the guide on how to do it below.
Set up Virgin Media Boosters | Boost your WiFi | Virgin Media

Step 3 is the one you want. 

I have also sent you to see if I can help you further so please keep an eye out for that.

Ben

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tech_Ben wrote:

Ben

@IAC2  I'm sure Tech_Ben is well intentioned here, but all VM staff on this board are clearly identified with the rank "Forum Team" underneath their username. If that's not there, then this person could be - literally - anyone.

@ModTeam  FYI

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IAC2
On our wavelength
Thank you, Ben! This was helpful and faster than calling or dealing with the Virgin Media App. Still worth having a look at why the Hub 3.0 site is not allowing logins saying someone else is logged in. Thanks!