cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request new router

garbagemunki
Tuning in

I have a hub 3 that I got years ago from Virgin, and I want to upgrade to the latest one (I have no problem with paying for it). As usual, finding out how to do this on the website is like herding cats. I don't have a landline, so I refuse point blank to call them. Can anyone enlighten me?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @garbagemunki 

Have you tried signing into My Virgin Media to see if you are due a free upgrade.?

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Hub 3 is still current hub and unless there's a problem you aren't going to get anything.

Companies like Virgin now have to be strict on replacing hardware needlessly due to it having negative impact on environment.

There is a hub 4 but this is basically the Hub 3 with a modem that can connect to Gig1 service.

Next upgrade is due to be the Hub 5, but as of last Saturday it was still having technical issues and not available in the distribution lines as of yet and unlikely to be anytime soon.

The Giggitty 1

jem101
Superstar

@garbagemunki wrote:

I have a hub 3 that I got years ago from Virgin, and I want to upgrade to the latest one (I have no problem with paying for it). As usual, finding out how to do this on the website is like herding cats. I don't have a landline, so I refuse point blank to call them. Can anyone enlighten me?

So you want to upgrade to the latest one? Yes? But exactly why? What do you think that the Hub 5 will give you over and above what you have now? And please don’t say’ ‘well it’s the newest shiny so must have - but I don’t know why but as it has a higher number so it must be a lot better, no!

I did - there's no mention of a hardware upgrade. Just service upgrades.

Um, thanks for nothing, I guess?

Its just better if everyone uses hub in modem mode that way you forget the hub until you need a new one or speed upgrade.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there garbagemunki,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

May I ask are you experiencing issues with the router at the moment?

Regards,

Kain