cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing faulty hardware?

andyjones94
Joining in

After having spent an hour on the phone with a horrendously rude 'manager' who was trying to upsell me a new package that I simply do not need, I hung up and I am now turning to you good folk for advice. Also, if possible I would like additional advice on how to complain about said lady.

For the past 12-18 months my Superhub 2 has been malfunctioning, mainly in the form of dropping all connections until it is rebooted. This happens once or twice a month at least. We've had this Superhub for close to 10 years now so it makes sense that it is starting to show its age. 

As I tried to explain to the woman on the phone, I simply want to replace my current hardware. I DO NOT want to upgrade my package, I already pay too much for a service that I don't fully utilize.

Does anyone know how I can get this sorted?

Edit: I cannot overstate enough how unprofessional the lady I spoke to on the phone was. She shouted at me, attempted to belittle me by stating 'this is business', and overall was very unreceptive to my issue and was only interested in making me agree to a package with a higher monthly fee than what I am currently paying. 

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andyjones94,

Thanks for posting this on our forums, you've come to the right place to get help with this.

I am truly sorry that you had to go through that conversation with the unprofessional manager - This is not what we expect and is unacceptable for any employee of ours. 

We can get your equipment issue fixed, the only issue is that you've stated "I simply want to replace my current hardware." 

I totally understand you do not want to upgrade to anything that would incur a higher monthly charge, we can get your Hub 2 replaced for a Hub 3 which will be a free upgrade. The reason for this is because we simply don't supply the old Super Hub 2 model anymore. 

As for the manager conversation, I can get this noted down into a complaint and deal with that myself. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get the ball rolling on both of those aspects - If you understand what I mean with the equipment side of things. 

Let me know if you have any issues with what I've stated 😊

Speak to you within a PM soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, many thanks for your response! I truly appreciate it. 

Please feel free to PM me, I'm thankful for your help with this issue. I completely understand what you're saying with regard to the equipment. I assumed the hub 2 would no longer be available so this is not an issue at all. 

And yes, any steps we can take regarding the lady I spoke to on the phone would also be appreciated. This is the first time I have ever had a bad experience with Virgin's support network, I'm just disappointed with this single isolated incident more than the service provided overall. 

I eagerly await your PM. 

Thanks for coming back to me Andyjones94 and confirming you understand the equipment situation 🙂

I did send you a PM on Friday but it seems it hadn't gone through correctly, sorry about that!

I'll resend it now so we can get this sorted! 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Hi Andyjones94,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, it was a pleasure to speak with you about this and I am really happy that I managed to get this complaint resolved for you & your Mum!

I am sorry that the poorly handled call happened in the first place, but I hope that you now feel confident that it's going to be taken care of. 

If you have any continued issues with your broadband connection after your Hub 3 has settled in, please create a new post about this so that we can avoid any confusion with what we've resolved already. Me and my team will be more than happy to help whenever you need us! 

Thanks,

Megan_L