Menu
EdwinW
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Hub3.0

Hello everyone , first time poster

How do I go about getting a replacment hub 3.0?

My current hub 3.0 is 6 months old keeps dropping wifi connections and wont let me connect to the internet at all . 

Contacted virgin customer service many times about my broadband issue told me it was a service matter .Sent texts notifing me that they fixed the problem but it still occuring

I am paying for a service i cant even use its definitely upsetting .

Could anyone help thanks in advance

Edwin

0 Kudos
gcarter
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Hub3.0

When looking for a replacement hub, would recommend you take a x2 pronged approach

1. Note down your troubleshooting steps you have taken and observations. Dropped WIFI connections is a tad vague, you need to highlight to the support team your troubleshooting steps... for example that your home router is unreliable and list the reasons why you believe it to be so.  If all devices you use to connect to the virgin hub are experiencing the same problem... mention it!
  2. Insist because of the above observations that the provided router is faulty and that you want a replacement sent to you
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you followed all the WiFi advice in the “stickies” on the board? Do Ethernet cables connected devices also suffer drop outs? Often it’s not a hub problem, but a circuit problem. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal? 

But there are people who have the scene to tell them that something is wrong with their particular piece of equipment. I personally think that the latest update to the router has done a great deal of damage to the wireless signal, which incidentally it was supposed to inprove?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi EdwinW,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the broadband issues. 

Is this affecting both wireless and wired connections or just wireless please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos