cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Hub

Tony28
Tuning in

Hi, I hope someone can help?

My hub is no longer working. No lights at all, I even tried it in a different power socket.

I went through the online status webpage and after the diagnostic checks it informed me that I required a new hub. When  I selected the option to order a new hub I was taken to an error webpage ' this link is missing'.

I then tried phoning and after a long wait I was put through to someone who after a couple of questions cut me off?

I then tried the live chat, with nobody responding to any of my questions.

What I would like to know is, how do I order a new hub, how long will it take for delivery and how is it delivered?

Any help wod be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
just call in again and insist that the Hub has "died" - they should see it is not connected and sort it for you
see this

A few options, firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can also text them on  You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

Finally… A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
just call in again and insist that the Hub has "died" - they should see it is not connected and sort it for you
see this

A few options, firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can also text them on  You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

Finally… A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony28, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting a replacement hub sorted for you. 

We can certainly take a look at this here for you but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,

After a not so smooth journey I finally have a new hub. Thanks for your contact but hopefully things should be sorted now.

It isn't a simple or easy process and it is extremely difficult and frustrating to get to communicate with anyone at Virgin. Believe me, I tried ever possible way.

Regards 

Tony28

Thanks for the feedback as well Tony28.

Can we just ask how the new Hub is please 

Gareth_L

Troublesome

@Tony28 wrote:

Troublesome

Oh, do tell........