cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated service problems

robertkeim
Joining in

For the past nine days we have had frequent disruptions of our broadband and our streaming. The broadband has on occasion been as usual but frequently would be nonexistent or very slow.

I repeatedly went through all the steps that i could find to report the problems and to restore service. The algorithmic responses were unhelpful. I was until today unable to report a service disruption.

There is no way i could to contact anyone, or to find a way to actually get a problem reported so that a failure to provide a service to us was compensated. Today by chance i tried again as everything provided was totally down and reached a place where i could register my internet problems. This random behaviour is not good enough. Simple and straightforward  user friendly ways of reporting problems is something virgin is obligated to provide.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A simple question... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi robertkeim

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the broadband issue. I will send you a PM as you do need a tech visit due to multiple levels being out of spec from the checks ran.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill