cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated drop outs

holty88
Dialled in

Good afternoon,

We've been with Virgin since late March. Over the last month, we keep losing signal on various devices. I've checked the service status and rebooted the router and devices multiple times but the issue keeps happening.

I've set up a BQM as I saw that's what others on the forum, were doing. Here's a snapshot of today:

Is there anything I can do to improve this? Also am I more likely to get a reply on this forum than calling the general customer services line?

Thanks.

Mark

78 REPLIES 78

holty88
Dialled in

Just wanted to add yesterday's BQM.

holty88_0-1629660580935.png

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Holty88, 

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry you are having issues, I have managed to locate your account and can see you have not rebooted your hub in over 2 weeks, if you could perform a pinhole reset to see if this improves.

Zoie

holty88
Dialled in

Hi Zoie,

I've just done a pinhole reset. I've also changed some of the settings back to what Molly told me to change a couple of pages back.

I'll report back in a few days.

Thanks.

Mark

holty88
Dialled in

Hi Zoie,

There hasn't been any improvement. Below are BQMs for today, yesterday and Tuesday afternoon after I did the pinhole reset.

I first reported this issue a month ago and there's been little to no improvement since, and we've also been experiencing these issues for a couple of months now. It's becoming increasingly more frustrating that in the month since I've reported it no one has given me a definitive answer on what the problem is and how it can be solved. It's affecting our internet usage, work, etc which only increases the frustration.

holty88_0-1630002356266.png

holty88_1-1630002373363.png

holty88_2-1630002382277.png

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Mark

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark,

I've had another look at the account and everything all looking fine and normal still. The BQM graph does indicate some possible signs of congestion issue, however from looking at things this end there is no evidence of an issue.

Do let us know how things go over the next few days 🙂

Katie - Forum Team

holty88
Dialled in

Hi Katie,

When you say congestion issue, what do you mean and how can that be resolved?

Thanks.

Mark

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@holty88 Hi Mark, although the bqm shows signs of congestion (customer capacity on the network) I've run in depth checks today and there definitely isn't anything like that at the moment - all of the specs appear fine to be honest so I'm unsure what's causing this problem for you at this stage.

Can I check - are you having issues with wired and WiFi connections? Also, when you've done the pinhole reset was it for a timed 60 seconds? Unfortunately the information provided on the website hasn't been updated to make that clear.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Is that customer capacity in the area I live or device capacity in our household? Either way, I don't understand. We used to live in a block of flats which had around 100 flats in and that area was heavily populated with flats. We never had issues there and had the same devices in our flat that we now have in our house.

We're having issues with wired and wireless connections, across multiple devices on both floors of the house. Our TV in the front room is relatively close to the router and is connected via ethernet and we get dropouts with that.

Pretty sure the pinhole reset I did was only 10 seconds. I'll try today for 60 seconds and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for coming back to us and for trying a pin reset again this time for a timed 1 Minute, did this help things and have you seen any improvement since?

I have had another look our end and cannot see any issues at all even all your devices seem to have a good connection.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I did the 60 second pinhole reset on Monday around 5. Here's my daily BQMs since. Yesterday was particularly bad.

I reported this issue on 26th July. 5 weeks later and there hasn't been any improvement. Virgin and saying nothing is wrong, I'm saying there is. I don't think I can do anything else except raise a complaint now.

holty88_0-1630502414786.png

holty88_1-1630502444763.png

holty88_2-1630502462726.png

Thanks.

Mark