cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming wifi bands and pods with Hub 4

amb3
Joining in

Hi I have a Hub 4 and one pod to help with poor wifi upstairs. I had to rename wifi bands to connect smart plugs. 

Do In need to do anything to get the pod to connect to newly named networks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

they should work - the 2 bands need to be joined although they do seem to work if they are split but wifi optimisation must be on

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

they should work - the 2 bands need to be joined although they do seem to work if they are split but wifi optimisation must be on

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank-you

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that the pods will only work with a combined SSID name, if you have give your SSIDs individual names I believe they will not work.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

My understanding is that the pods will only work with a combined SSID name, if you have give your SSIDs individual names I believe they will not work.

thats what the script says but i have tried mine with different names and they worked - its a while since so things may have changed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Do VM staff monitor this board? 

If so can you provide a definite of answer please

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They take a few days to pick up posts on this Community Forum

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting amb3. 

Our apologies for any confusion with the Pod's and the split WiFi bands. 

We would need the WiFi bands to be merged as one with Smart WiFi activated on the Hub settings as well. 

Please let us know if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat