cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of external cable clipped to house

emilyb
Joining in

I have a Virgin cable clipped the whole length of my house that goes into a brown box that was poorly fixed and coved by a Virgin engineer. We promptly left Virgin (as the TV never once worked) and now need the cables removed from the outside of the house.

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi emilyb,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, you can remove this yourself however if you do want the services in the future there may be a charge to add the cables back.

Regards

Paul.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only issue with DIY is that if you do not terminate the connections with a proper cable terminator cap it can cause noise ingress that could affect your neighbours connection. As a courtesy I would at least inform them that you are planning to do that on a certain date so if they do experience any issues, then when they call VM out to investigate - the Tech will know where to look first !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.