Menu
Fivealive82
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Removal of dangerous cabling

Hi,

I hope someone can help me as I called the customer service team and they refused point to blank to help me if I wasn’t a customer, 

i have recently bought a new house. It has a dangerous telewest (now virgin) cable in green pipe covering coming up from the bottom of the drive to the front of the house then up the wall. 

The green casing is lax and runs directly under the hedge. Whenever I strim the hedge I am at risk of catching it and it hitting me in the face.

Virgin seem to  have you by the balls as they say you can’t remove the equipment as it’s there property despite it being dangerous, but they won’t come and remove it themselves.

i have raised a compliant via resolver but have had no response in over a week.

what should I do?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of dangerous cabling

it won't get removed, as it's legally deemed a service and is permitted to be there.
it might be fixed to made it deeper in the ground, but they'll dig a trench to do that.

you are free to dig it further into the ground though and cover it over.
however, if you do cause any damage to do it then you may be liable for the cost of repair.
0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just rip it out your self its on your property you can do what you want , Are you gonna be using it ? Their totally useless if you phone up they just got by the script 1000 crap excuses Smiley Very Happy

"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Wezza wrote:

Just rip it out your self its on your property you can do what you want,

idiotic response. OP please ignore this person who is on the rampage to disrupt as many threads as possible.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Welcome back Wezza, been missing your inputs recently.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why is it its on his property if you own the house lock stock and barrel you can do what you want !

And i only post what others are thinking and dare not post on here, Because if you post you will be singled out lol 

0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yer and you , You smug **bleep** Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Wezza wrote:

Why is it its on his property if you own the house lock stock and barrel you can do what you want !

go read up about what is deemed a "service" and how it's protected.
you think the OP can just rip up and electrical cable just because it's in their property? can they pour concrete down a drain that is in their property?

as i said, idiotic response.

0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just report it to the council as a health and safety issue then they will short it out, Thats what you pay yer council tax for then !

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Wezza wrote:

Just report it to the council as a health and safety issue then they will short it out, Thats what you pay yer council tax for then !

another thing for you to read up on, what the council tax pays for.
it doesn't cover issues in a persons garden.

keep up the good work though, chocked up another one for the idiotic response chart.

0 Kudos