cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular service outage since last month in KT6/Surbiton

emailuser_gr
Just joined

This is the 3rd day of outage this month for majority of the day in Surbiton. Virgin media reports 100% service status in their reporting to skirt any refund/credit obligations even as people report service outage in downdetector, istheservicedown & other platforms for the same area. Service is available only in the early morning and until 10 AM and is out for the rest of the day until 8 PM! This happened for a number of days last month and then it stopped. I wasted days complaining to their customer service online and going through their tests only to realize that the problem is with their infrastructure and capacity. They have the audacity to charge regular bills as their customer service say they will refund only for 24 hrs outage per day! I'm leaving if this continues like this. Absolutely horrendous service.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is nothing reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If not, if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

This will highlight any network issues - and provide evidence to VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi emailuser_gr,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with the broadband.

I've not been able to locate any details for you in order to check, have you been able to set up a BQM as jbrennand has advised?

Alex_Rm