cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular random reboots and loss of upstream channels

bentnose
Tuning in

For a while now we have been having intermittent random router reboots, loss of connection and ping spikes. Alot of the time the connection is fine, then it dies for an hour or may even just have a quick spike in ping.

Tried all the usual, factory reset included and still having issues. Did have an engineer appointment but virgin cancelled as they said they had resolved the issue. But they hadnt.

When the issues happen, i check the router page and we drop from 4 upstream channels to sometimes 1 or 0. The QAM also drops from 64 down to 16 quite regularly. And in the network log its filled with "unicast ranging recieved abort response"

BQM: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/46ac7c8858eb0e8cf058d846cda7da46f4...

Router info to follow in next messages.

39 REPLIES 39

Hi the issue isnt fixed.

You will be able to see on the BQM that it went down again, this time during an important work meeting.

Hi bentnose,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues and losing your upstream channels, I have had a quick look and I can confirm the SNR issue in your area is still present and the estimated fix date is 16 APR 2021 16:15, our technicians are working to get this resolved ASAP.

We are are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

Is this issue still open as i have just lost connection again.

The BQM looks better but the issue still persists.

Hi bentnose,

We do apologise we have just checked again for you and the SNR issues is still ongoing. The estimated fix time has been pushed back until the 21st of April. 

There is an ongoing faults ticket raised for this issue which is F008927318. You can use this reference number for updates in the future if your require.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience whilst we are fixing this issue.

Kind regards Jodi.

Will this ever be fixed or is the date just going to keep moving along? 

With all respect i am paying for a service that we arent receiving. 

We arent eligible for the auto refunds because service is intermittent

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, I appreciate it's far from ideal and the delays will cause added frustration. Rest assured the teams will be working hard to get this resolved asap.

Tom 

Is there a new date for the fix? still having the issue so expect its been moved

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear that @bentnose

The estimated time of fix has been moved once again, it is now due to be resolved on the 29/04/21 at 17:00. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Still occuring, this is super frustrating that supposedly the fastest connection we can get is the most unstable mess i have ever seen.

Its affecting work, its affecting people in the evenings. Surely this has to be fixed soon?

Its annoying that your auto refund policy only applies when the connection is fully out for 2 days, but constant interruptions are deemed acceptable?

Really debating switching provider now as this is shocking.

See BQM for updated proof

Thanks for getting back to us @bentnose.

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing. I can confirm the SNR outage has been resolved. 

Can you please perform a loopback test to confirm all ports are functioning? Plug both ends of an ethernet cable into 2 of the ports on the back of the Hub and confirm that the lights on the ports turn on when the cable is connected.

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs