cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnection with Zscaler

Anonymous
Not applicable

My work laptop regularly disconnects from the WIFI at 8.34am, 10.34am, 13.34pm, 15.34pm and at 17.34pm if I’m still logged on.

It’s not my WIFI as no other devices disconnect (Work phone, Personal phone, personal laptop or TV)

So… any ideas? I can kind of manage with it (and have managed for ages) but have had a few embarassments mid call with retailers so if you know about the issue and how to fix it… help!

My work IT have said that some providers have issues with VPN tunnels and I may need to switch channel.

I have no idea what that means.

Can anyone assist as I can't get through to Virgin media help as per usual.

12 REPLIES 12

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Connect with a cable instead of WiFi.

If it’s just the work laptop dropping I would ask them to investigate it further rather than just pushing it under the rug and blaming virgin. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I‘m sorry, I don’t have a cable, let alone one that would reach however many metres from my hub to my office!! 

IT are not “pushing it under the rug” and there is absolutely no need to be so rude to me about it!! They’ve merely asked me to investigate whether there is any compatibility issues with ZScaler VPN connection. 

I hope someone, perhaps from the Virgin team who moderate, might be able to assist? 
Many thanks

Time to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and put your hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you ever get to the bottom of this as I’m having problems with constant Zscaler disconnections also? Thanks

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @walshy365 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues accessing this product. Just to clarify, is this a cloud storage website you are trying to access or a VPN? 

Let us know if you're still having issues and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hollie_B wrote:

Hi there @walshy365 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues accessing this product. Just to clarify, is this a cloud storage website you are trying to access or a VPN? 

Let us know if you're still having issues and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Any chance that you can correspond with the OP instead of someone that has just jumped into the thread ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi,

i also get this now that my company have now switched to Zscaler.

all people who are on Virgin complain of regular disconnects, kicked out of Teams meetings etc.

why just those on Virgin?

has to be a specific problem with them or the routers.

please help.

use modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Z92
Trouble shooter

My disconnections stopped as soon as I put the hub into modem mode and used an alternative router. The VM hub is just a pile of underpowered junk.