cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Temporary loss of internet

Chris_Mc
Tuning in

I've been a Virgin Media customer since around October and I completely regret signing up.

Almost daily I get disconnected. Sometimes for a few minutes sometimes longer. I use the internet for work/video calls so even short drop outs have a big impact. Even when it is working the speeds fluctuate wildly. I'm on M200 Volts and I can get very fast or unbelievably slow at various points of the day.

My last ISP (I wont be as petty as to mention competitors here) never gave me any problems with connection. I wasn't even on a fiber contract. 

When I loose connection I pick up my phone and using 5G sign in to Virgin to check for problems but there is never a problem listed. Instead I am instructed to run a test on the router. 

I have to believe there is a problem which can be fixed as it is barely fit for purpose as it is. No company would surely expect to retain customers with such a poor level of service. 

I posted here as I don't have a spare hour to contact via the phone. I'm looking for a VM employee to to advise on the course of action to get this resolved. 

(BTW... worth mentioning every single VM employee I had dealings with since my fateful decision to sign up has been great. It's just the infrastructure which is honking.)

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chris_Mc, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issues you are having via the Community. 

We're sorry to hear the internet connection hasn't been great. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see several of your power levels are out and will need adjusting. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

There is also an advisory that may help things with your WiFi connection too:

➡ The signal level to the WiFi Pod is lower than recommended and suggests it needs relocating. You can get help on this here.  

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath,

I've pinged a reply to your DM. The position of my pod isn't great. I put it in a position where it would reach the back of the house rather than the optimal position (the house is long and thin). I actually need an additional one and was advised once I had one I could order another through the app. I went through the process but sadly no pod arrived. I'll follow this up once the other issue is dealt with.

Ta,

Chris

Hi Chris_Mc,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email. 

In terms of the 2nd WiFi pod, once the engineer visit has been completed, we can look into this for you however for the checks to be run, it's worth popping the pod into the optimal position so we can get true readings. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes and we can help further with the pod then. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs