cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Failure, No Internet

Skeogh
Joining in

Hi, just recently got a 1gb modem (the black modem). There was another account holder in the house that recently cancelled their account with virgin, so I decided to buy my own broadband. The box is working but I'm getting no internet. When I go into modem settings it says registration failure. When I rang virgin they had no idea what it is so is sending a technician, just thought I'd chance it here.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried the equipment activation number - they may be able to do it.

Its... 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No I haven't seen that number yet, thank you. I tried tech but they never heard of it. There's a technician booked for Tuesday but might try that number first. Thanks again  👍

Hey @Skeogh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

Was the technician visit successful yesterday and do you now have active services?

Regards,

Steven_L