cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced speed on Asus AC300 with hub 3 in modem mode

frootloops
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm having a problem where my asus ac3000 router isn't giving me my full broadband speed.  I'm on the M200 package, or whatever it's called.  Using the superhub3 as a router I get full speed.  Putting the superhub into modem mode and using my ac3000 for routing I get roughly half speed.  This is the same for wired and wifi.  The screenshots linked to show the difference between the two.

https://ibb.co/ypPh9Qn
https://ibb.co/Qc37P13

I can't find/don't know what to look for that might be the cause of this, so any pointers would be appreciated

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Are you actually in Ireland ?

Check there’s no QOS settings enabled on the ASUS. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No I'm not in Ireland, I don't know why Fing always says that.

I'll take a look again, but as far as I can see all QoS is turned off

Use a Speedtest local to you on Speedtest.net

Going to Ireland adds latency. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

have done that too, no difference unfortunately. And both screenshots show it was going to ireland anyway so if it was adding latency for one I guess it was adding latency for the other?

Has to be a setting in the router then. 

is hardware acceleration enabled?

I've tried with "NAT acceleration" (the only setting I can find referencing acceleration,  jeez I hate the ui of these routers) on and off,  jumbo frames also on and off.  Neither made any difference it seems 😞

I don't believe it!  I had bought a pack of decent cables and everything was wired up with them......except the modem > router link.  Absolutely no idea how I managed that. Jeez do I feel stupid now!

Thanks for that suggestion that made me check everything again 🙂