cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reddit website and app not working on mobile data

Aliceerrr
Tuning in

Hi there, my reddit website and app are not working on mobile data. It works on WiFi but nothing will load on data. All other apps work fine, this has been an issue for a few weeks now. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like I fixed it. You have to login to https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ and disable parental controls.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Aliceerrr

Thanks for taking the time to raise the issues accessing content on Reddit, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

It does seem strange that you can view this via a wireless connection but not over mobile data, do you experience this with other websites or content over mobile data? Do you get any error messages when trying to access Reddit?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply

I haven't experienced this issue with any other website or app.

The app just says "we had some trouble getting to reddit" and nothing loads, if I try to go on the actual website through chrome on my phone it says:

"This site can’t provide a secure connection www.reddit.com sent an invalid response. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

ragingmodem
Tuning in

I've noticed this too for the past few weeks.

This is happening on both VM business and regular mobile data networks. 

Is it happening just with reddit for you too? Let me know if you find a fix

Looks like I fixed it. You have to login to https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ and disable parental controls.

This turned out to be the problem, thank you!

Hi @Aliceerrr thanks for getting back to us and confirming your issue is resolved. Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

You shouldn't have to turn off parental controls to access reddit.

How