cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red solid light

JML36
Tuning in

Good afternoon sorry to be a pain but early on I tried reporting the fact that I am concerned because I have a red solid light on my hub 3. It is out in the open plenty of air getting to it but every post I have red on this subject states that a red solid light indicates that the hub is either overheating or has a faulty sensor which thinks it is overheating so I am quite concerned whether it is safe to leave on overnight? I have tried posting on this subject earlier but for some reason a member of your team replied once and then I responded but then they never messaged back to me

Many thanks for any advice

Jml

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JML36

Thanks for posting - I did reply earlier and received no reply. Here's my original reply

Thanks for posting. I'll happily help with this red light hub issue. It's not in Modem Mode is it? 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. 
• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally
Lastly do a PIN reset - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/reboot-or-reset-hub 
Let me know when done all of the above and if still it's a red light.
Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

JML36
Tuning in

I have also tried all the obvious like switching it off and on and reseting it with a pen blowing it cool air, everything but still a solid red light. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM staff member will get back to your post. Unfortunately there is a backlog of PMs at the moment, that’s probably why you have not got a response to your other post.

Your hub will need replacing, in the meantime you could try phoning customer services on 0345 454 1111 to book a technician’s visit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi there thanks for advice and you said the hub needs changing but I have just called the number you gave me and the lady on the phone suggested I ignore the red light and not to worry about it???

Hi @JML36

Thanks for posting - I did reply earlier and received no reply. Here's my original reply

Thanks for posting. I'll happily help with this red light hub issue. It's not in Modem Mode is it? 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. 
• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally
Lastly do a PIN reset - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/reboot-or-reset-hub 
Let me know when done all of the above and if still it's a red light.
Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John thank you so much for your response. No it is not in modem mode and have tried resetting it switched it off for an hour tried everything but still a red light. I have just phoned VM and the lady on the phone suggested that I ignore the red light and not worry about it but somebody told me earlier it would need replacing?