cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red phone icon flashing on router

Chelsea_72
Joining in

Since early this morning the red phone icon has been flashing constantly on my router. I have no idea why. I don't use wi-fi calling. Connection is ok, it's just really annoying, as I can see it.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it (its on its sticker)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it (its on its sticker)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So which light is it? - see here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working

--------------------
John
--------------------

It's a red telephone 📞 Icon flashing red

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ahh ok - thats something I am not familiar with as I dont use a Hub3 and the VOIP phone facility. So someone else will need to comment

Do you have a landline phone connected to the socket on the back of the Hub? If so - is it working?

Also is everything else working ok on network connectivity or are there issues?

--------------------
John
--------------------

No landline phone. WiFi is working ok. I'll do the custom reboot tomorrow. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try the pinhole reset as per this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi @Chelsea_72,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some complications with your router and the lights being displayed. The red flashing phone light means that there's a landline related issue, assuming you have a landline connected. Can you confirm if you have a landline and (if you do) if it's connected to the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!