cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light

Mrsjbasford
Tuning in

Hi,

my WiFi hub has a solid red light showing all the time. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

20 REPLIES 20

skinnyb123
Joining in

Hi 

My internet is working fire albeit maybe a bit slow, the light is a constant red on my virgin media hub 3 

I have restarted it several times and still red, doe this need to be replaced ? 

Many thanks 

Ben 

I will add that yesterday the Wifi signal kept dropping out for a few seconds, router is in a good place and not far from TV so it shouldn't be happening 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting in touch skinnyb123. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Hub showing a red light. 

We will need to look in to this further so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

In the meantime, please can you ensure you power down the equipment overnight and when leaving the property. 

Thank you, 

Nat

RachyP
Joining in

I'm having this trouble on our broadband box too. I've reset the box and it is still there. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced RachyP,

We'll need to get that sorted for you.

So we can I've dropped you a PM, the message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hi, I also have this issue 

Hey DSaunder63,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

i am also having this issue solid red light on the bottom of router tried restarting, unplugging & plug in again & even router reset

Hey @johnderrig, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the red light on the Virgin Media hub. 😞
As you have done several of the checks, I will assist you further on this.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nijko
Joining in

Hi,

I am also having this issue and have also tried the resets.