cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light.

Tazza1
Joining in

I came home the other light to a solid red light. I have tried over numerous days, reset and turning off etc. nothing is helping, says it could be overheating or connection checked both and it’s not. Connection is slower and more rubbish, concerned it’s something else. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

I assume that this is a Hub 3, no? There seems to have been a big uptick in reports of this issue recently, and that's not surprising as these hubs weren't exactly built with top notch components and LEDs only have a finite lifetime, so it's not too unusual for lots of them to start failing at about the same time.

The red light is supposed to be a sign of overheating, BUT it is also likely just to be a case of the LED itself or the sensor failing, especially if the hub doesn't seem unusually hot - but it does need replacing, because if it WERE to overheat in the future, how would you know?

Many people also report that their connection seems to have gotten worse, this is almost certainly coincidental, your connection was probably bad for some time, you just didn't notice it, but the red light makes you more conscious of the connection. It's human nature to try to connect things which really are just coincidental.

In a day or so, a member of the forum team will get to this thread, ask you to do the full factory reset, turn it off and on again dance - which it seems like you have, and then message you directly to get some details and arrange a swop out. Now there is a good chance that what it is swopped with is might also be of similar age, so you might be in the same situation again in a couple of months!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

I assume that this is a Hub 3, no? There seems to have been a big uptick in reports of this issue recently, and that's not surprising as these hubs weren't exactly built with top notch components and LEDs only have a finite lifetime, so it's not too unusual for lots of them to start failing at about the same time.

The red light is supposed to be a sign of overheating, BUT it is also likely just to be a case of the LED itself or the sensor failing, especially if the hub doesn't seem unusually hot - but it does need replacing, because if it WERE to overheat in the future, how would you know?

Many people also report that their connection seems to have gotten worse, this is almost certainly coincidental, your connection was probably bad for some time, you just didn't notice it, but the red light makes you more conscious of the connection. It's human nature to try to connect things which really are just coincidental.

In a day or so, a member of the forum team will get to this thread, ask you to do the full factory reset, turn it off and on again dance - which it seems like you have, and then message you directly to get some details and arrange a swop out. Now there is a good chance that what it is swopped with is might also be of similar age, so you might be in the same situation again in a couple of months!

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tazza1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are currently experiencing a red light issue with your hub. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. To best help with this, I am sending a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this @Tazza1.

In this case, please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs