cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light permanently on

SteveH13
Joining in

Hi. 
I have been having issues with internet dropping in and out over Wi-Fi connected devices, gone through the online advice on the virgin mecia website, spoke to someone tonight from virgin and they were no help at all, they told me to do what I’d already done!

I’ve read on here that it is a new router that is required, is this the case?

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks

Steve. 

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Have you tried a reboot and factory reset?  If you have and red light remains you likely need a new hub.

Ring VM again and insist or wait here for a rep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thanks for your reply. 

yes I’ve reset the box but still solid red light. 

I’ll call them again and wait for a reply in the meantime from a rep. 

thank you. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SteveH13,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your Hub.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a plum envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for letting us know SteveH13,

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes.

Come back to us if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just thought I’d let you all know. 

thank you to the lady on here for arranging everything for me! You are an asset to vm, much appreciated  

a lady called Jade was the engineer vm sent out, what ever they are paying her  It isn’t enough!
she phoned and messaged her rough time of arrival, went above and beyond to provide an awesome service, she replaced  the box and a few other issues/items and all is working well and as it should be. 

thank you to all who replied and if you are here Jade, thank you much. 

regards 

Steve.