cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on virgin home hub

Jeffers72
Joining in

Hi, For about 3/4 weeks my Virgin hub (3.0) power light has been glowing red. I have tried re-booting and resetting but the light stays red. Spoke to Virgin Customer Service Dept on Boxing Day and was advised to switch the hub off for 30 minutes as the fault was probably overheating. After 30 minutes switched back on power and light was still red. Phoned Customer Services again and this time was advised the fault was probably due to intermittent fault in area (possibly due to atmospheric conditions) and that fault would disappear after 24 hours. Two days later red light still on!! Could anyone advise me what to try next as I don’t want to phone Virgin Customer Service again only to receive some questionable cure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

The Hub needs replacing and so I've escalated this to the forum team.

In the meantime; 'atmospheric conditions'? Seriously?

Just when you think you have heard all of the absolute BS excuses and downright lies told by the offshore customer services staff - they then go and out do themselves! Bravo!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

The Hub needs replacing and so I've escalated this to the forum team.

In the meantime; 'atmospheric conditions'? Seriously?

Just when you think you have heard all of the absolute BS excuses and downright lies told by the offshore customer services staff - they then go and out do themselves! Bravo!

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jeffers72,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you have been facing with a red light on your hub for a couple of Weeks, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can advise an area issue has been picked up however I don't believe this is connected to the Red light, as this is a potential overheating issues I will arrange for a technician, so I can arrange this I will send you an invitation into a private chat, once received, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.