cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on the front of my hub.

Jemmy55
Joining in

I see that other people have had the same problem, a red light on the front of the hub, indicating that it’s overheating. Virgin Media don’t seem to have a clue, I’ve contacted them more than once, and have had the software update excuse, the move it somewhere else excuse, (I’ve moved it from an open table to an open shelf) and you must have it in a cabinet excuse. The hub has never been in a cabinet, it’s always been in a well ventilated area and on a hard surface. I’ve tried switching it off and I’ve tried resetting it to the factory defaults, but nothing works. Virgin Media doesn’t want to know as when I tried to contact them about it yet again this evening, they disconnected me after waiting over an hour. I think that they really don’t think much of their customers so sod them, has ANYONE found a solution to this problem? 

i’ve reached a stage now where I’m quite happy to disconnect the crap hub and replace it with something else at my own expense, and I know that there are cable modem routers available. Has anyone tried one of these and do they work with Virgin Media or is there no alternative?

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

No there is no alternative, you can certainly get your own cable modem and connect it, but it absolutely will not work.

Your points about the somewhat less than useful advise from customer services is well founded though. In the meantime, I’ll flag this for a member of the forum team to contact you.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jemmy55, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear about the equipment and your experience trying to get this resolved. 

A red light does indicate overheating and as you have stated the hub is in an open space, we will need to arrange getting this replaced. 

I am going to pop you over a private message now and we can go from there. 

On the off chance that there is a delay to replying to my message, please do make sure you do not leave the Hub powered up over night or if you go out.

Speak soon, 

Nat