cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on router

VMus3r
Joining in

The red light is continuously on!  Our router is Hub 3.0 and recently for the past week it shows a continuous red light.  The router has been sitting on the same shelf in the hallway since we joined Virgin in July.  The red light has only come on in the last week.  The wifi is patchy and slow but does still work.  Any ideas on how to get it sorted?  Apparently a red light signifies overheating but: It doesn't feel hot to the touch and the light is even on during really cold nights very early morning before any central heating in the house comes on.  Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VMus3r,

Thank you for giving that a try. It's a shame to hear that it hasn't helped.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VMus3r,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues that you're facing with your connection and Hub 3. Please try the following steps for me and let me know how you get on.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you Zach_R I have once again tried turning it off and on but it's still showing red.  Do you think something inside the router must be faulty because it was working fine with no red light from July and has only recently started showing red?  Thank you. 

Hi @VMus3r,

Thank you for giving that a try. It's a shame to hear that it hasn't helped.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thank you Zac for arranging a technician to call tomorrow.  

Hi @VMus3r,

Thanks for your follow-up private message. As we no longer need account access or are discussing account sensitive details we can respond publicly.

The booked appointment may not show straight away, and can take up to an hour or so to reflect on your online account. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

OK thanks very much for your help.  I have now got a text message confirming the appointment so feel reassured it's all booked.  Many thanks. 

Thanks for all your help.  Fantastic Virgin Technician Jason came out today and replaced our router.  All fab now.  Thank you. 

Hey @VMus3r,

Great to hear our technician was able to fix it all for you.

If you have any future issues please do reach out us and we will gladly help where possible.

Thanks. Joe

Thanks Joe,

Actually we are finding the Wifi is very "Glitchy" (even worse) since we've had the new router.  Frequently losing connection.

Do you think it is lightly to settle down or do we need to get someone out again to investigate?

Thank you.