cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Linforth
Joining in

The power light on my hub 3 has turned red. Initially it stopped all internet service, however after a reboot the internet seems to be working again.

The light stays red after reboots and unplugging-re plugging in cables, and Wi-Fi can sometimes drop for 30-60 mins intermittently.

The hub is in an open area and has shown no signs of overheating. The hub is in router mode.

Based on previous threads about this issue, a replacement is needed. I’ve had no luck phoning in, automated conversation just kicks me out after finding no issues with my broadband.

60 REPLIES 60

Hi, could I have a response please? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi baz6868, 

Welcome to the community and our apologies for the delay in response. 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue with the red light on your Hub. 

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bas6868, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am happy this is now all resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello,

I have a Hub 3 and have the exact same problem. I still have a solid red light after rebooting and resetting the router.

I have tried calling multiple times but have not been able to get a resolution of my problem. The internet drops out on occasion now despite no problems when checking the online status.

Would it be possible for me to receive a new hub?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi King_jim19,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the red light on your Hub, we will be able to help.

I will just need to take some details via a private message which I will send across to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

In the meantime, please ensure the equipment is in a well ventilated space and powered down over night and when leaving the property. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

I have the same issue on my Hub 3. The connections are all fine, I’ve rebooted it several times and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with it overheating. Could I have some assistance with this, please?

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @theboybryson and welcome back to our Forums!

Sorry to hear of the red light on the router, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ashleykayley
Joining in

Hi

I also have the same problem. Red light still on after all resets, WiFi dropping out and the hub was getting pretty hot to touch lastnight. It's in an open and well ventilated place. Can you help please? Do we need a replacement?

Kind regards,

Ashley

@Linforth wrote:

The power light on my hub 3 has turned red. Initially it stopped all internet service, however after a reboot the internet seems to be working again.

The light stays red after reboots and unplugging-re plugging in cables, and Wi-Fi can sometimes drop for 30-60 mins intermittently.

The hub is in an open area and has shown no signs of overheating. The hub is in router mode.

Based on previous threads about this issue, a replacement is needed. I’ve had no luck phoning in, automated conversation just kicks me out after finding no issues with my broadband.

Hello Ashleykayley,

Welcome to the Community Forums - we're sorry to hear you also have a red light on your hub.

Yes, we will need to look into getting an engineer out to you to replace it.

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take your details. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth

Spoiler
Hi,

I haven't received a message..??

My WIFI keeps failing / hub getting hot and the red light still showing.

Thank you