cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

ianmills
Joining in

I have had a solid red light on my hub3.0 for a few days. It is in a ventilated area, not overheating and as far away from other power sources as I can get it. I can see from previous posts that this seems to mean a replacement router is required but I cant get an answer through the labrynth that is the customer services phone line. Could a VM rep help?

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ianmills

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to find the information to help about the red light on your router. This will need replacing. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message @ianmills, I have now booked you a visit for red light issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sammianni
Tuning in

Mine is exactly the same, and im in exactly the same position ive been trying for 2 days for someone to help me out with my hub. Its had a red light on for 3 days it isnt over heating an its well ventilated. I have had this hub for about 3 yrs now. 

About the same age as my hub. The engineer said it may just be an LED failure if everything is working OK and its not overheating, but the replacement hub does seem to give better coverage than the old one. Hope you got yours sorted - was much more helpful doing it through here than trying to phone customer services

Hi @Sammianni,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your Hub 3 displaying a red light. If this is ongoing today, please carry out the following steps.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If after performing the above steps the issue still remains, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!