cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

ergo1999
Tuning in

Hi, I have a red light solid on my hub3 since last yesterday, but connection is ok no issues so far. WiFi is ok and lan is ok.  From white it turned to yellow,orange and now red

Reading other threads I am pretty sure I need a replacement as the Led circuitry has an anomaly, but I was wandering if I can ask for the new Hub5, as the upgrade is needed. If yes what to do ?

Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ergo1999

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

Please try the below :

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If the red light remains, we can replace this for you.

If you would like a Hub 5 however, you would need to speak with customer service as these are currently only being offered with 1Gig broadband packages.

If you want to upgrade to 1gig to receive the Hub 5, they will be able to discuss the best package and price available for you. They can be reached on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

If you would like to remain on your current package, please pop back to us here and we can send you a private message to arrange a new Hub 3 for you.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for getting back to me I will try as soon as I can. 

Regards

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, ergo1999.

Please, keep us here posted too and let us know how things go.
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you will do in these days. 

Thanks 

Hi it's urgent, my modem is dead.

As soon as I turn it on after 10min the power led stays red, green solid led of wifi and it turns off with no lights on .

Pls help

Ps

No internet, not by cable not by wifi

Hi @ergo1999 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

There was an area outage the other day which is now sorted.

Is there still a red light on the router?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi thx for answer. 

Yes light is fluctuating from orange to red. Solid. All the time. 

Internet cable and wifi working but sometimes is slower than usual.

I think modem must be replaced. 

Thank you

Hi, 

This morning I have the red phone led flashing(I have landline too)and the red light(power led) still on solid. Wifi is working intermittent. I've tried to reset but still the same. 

On VM website it's not possible to check the landline status or broadband status, it says something went wrong during  check.

PLS HELP