cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Linforth
Joining in

The power light on my hub 3 has turned red. Initially it stopped all internet service, however after a reboot the internet seems to be working again.

The light stays red after reboots and unplugging-re plugging in cables, and Wi-Fi can sometimes drop for 30-60 mins intermittently.

The hub is in an open area and has shown no signs of overheating. The hub is in router mode.

Based on previous threads about this issue, a replacement is needed. I’ve had no luck phoning in, automated conversation just kicks me out after finding no issues with my broadband.

60 REPLIES 60

Hey @Trafford28, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear everything went well and the equipment has been replaced and that your service is working how it should be.
We're always here if you need anything.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rogers19825370
Joining in

Mine’s also started going red, could I request a replacement hub please?

Although it’s changed to amber, I’m still concerned about my hub, I’ve had it a considerable number of years and feel a replacement is due.

Or does loyalty to a company no longer mean reasonable upgrades for aging equipment without greasing the palms (eg a paid upgrade)?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rogers19825370, thanks for posting on our help forum.

Sorry to hear of the issue with your hub 3 light turning red recently, could you please let us know if it has come back since you last posted here on Wednesday?
Has it turned and stayed to amber now or other?
If not on 1Gig fibre for broadband a hub 3 is 100% appropriate for your services, let us know if you experience any faults or if the red light persists.
Happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has now returned to yellow/amber. 
still a bit of a concern though. 

I’m not on 1gig only 350 as I’m on a limited budget. But it will suffice for now. 

but surely at some point all the hub 3 will need to be replaced anyway as security upgrades make the maximum security redundant?

Typical!

just as I say that the light turns orange, then red!

Hi Rogers19825370, thanks for getting back to us.  

I am sorry your issue with the red light on the hub 3 is ongoing.  Have you already tried doing a pinhole reset of your hub?  You can discover how to do so, here.  Please only attempt this, if you still have access to your default WiFi passwords.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

i seam to be having the same issue, solid red light hub is away from any object in an open place, disconnect cables reconnect, reset, restarted connection keep dropping out can’t get the sold red light away 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scottcastell11, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you have a red light on your hub, thank you for letting us know you rebooted, we will need to get this replaced.
I will pop you over a PM 🙂
Zoie 

I performed a pinhole reset, restored all settings etc, light is currently amber/yellow, has been since last week.

hopefully it won’t go red again but will post on here if it does