cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Tr4hman
Tuning in

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day

136 REPLIES 136

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Victory1789

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with our customer service. If the red light is still showing on your Hub after trying all of these steps, I'm concerned it may be overheating. I would like to arrange a technician appointment to get your Hub replaced. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required and we can get this sorted.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated by our customer service and still experiencing issues with your Hub. I shall send you a private message to confirm your details and arrange a technician visit to get your Hub replaced. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks Serena, pm message replied to.  Hopefully not too long to schedule a visit.

I have the same issue, though cannot confirm what hub it is as not sure of the differences but we have had it a long time.  My WiFi and TV keeps dropping and despite several long phone calls we keep getting told it is fine.  My Virgin package is coming to the end of contract and despite Virgin being the only supplier of fibre in our area I will go to another supplier for more reliable WiFi.  I will have my final call with them this week and will cancel before the week is out.  Virgin want a lot of money every month and have been good customers for a number of years so why cannot they simply update my hub? 

Hi Ashleigh,

Just to say that we did have an engineer visit but the result was that he couldn’t do anything about the red light as he said that virgin were not replacing the hubs at the moment. We have since experienced a few intermittent issues with the WiFi cutting off & I’m concerned that the hub is just going to pack up completely at some point without any warning. I’m seeing messages on the forum that some hubs are getting replaced due to red lights so wondered if you can tell me if they are or not? 

thanks,

Emma

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given up just for it to expire go bang no customer  care what so ever

So another few days go by, sent details and dates to arrange a visit and yet to have a response.

It would be useful to actually have a proper customer service number that could be called to arrange this.

The comment that someone had a visit and they said they weren't replacing them is worrying- for the amount we pay each month I'd expect them to throw replacements around like confetti, given their low cost.  Much cheaper for one visit, install upgraded modem, no more issues, than to have same engineer endlessly back and forth...

So, is there any way to replace the Hub with something else from another source or do we have to use a Virgin one? (showing my lack of technical knowledge here!).

Hey Victory1789, thank you for reaching back out to us and I so sorry to hear you issues has not been fixed.

Is your router still red, and can I just confirm you have sent a PM?

Not to worry either way I can get this looked into for you, I will send you another PM to get this fixed. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I now have an engineer visit booked in, thanks.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Victory1789, thank you for your message.

I am very glad to hear an engineer has been booked in for you. Please do let us know the visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?