Menu
billy149uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Red light on hub 3

I have had a red light on my hub 3 for over 2 weeks now.It is not overheating and has been on a floating shelf since it was first installed.Last week my iPhone kept dropping WiFi,not sure if it was a fault with the iPhone or hub.While on the phone to virgin the automated call said there was a problem and they had to restart my hub to resolve it but after restarting it’s still showing a red light.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light on hub 3

If you are in router mode as opposed to modem mode - the hub needs to be replaced as it is a health and safety issue.

It *thinks* it is overheating - this could lead to it dropping connections to keep itself cool and not 'do too much work'

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

billy149uk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is in router mode,how do I get a replacement then as I always end up with a bot and they don’t seem to understand.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Personally - I'd wait it out on here! - Forum staff are pretty great but it can take a day or so!

Customer services will try and sell you a faster package to make it work - this is nonsense but doesn't seem to stop them...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

billy149uk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice,I will wait and see then.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @billy149uk

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you now to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
billy149uk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin engineer replaced my hub 3 earlier today,as lotharmat had said hub thought it was overheating and needed replacing.Thanks to everyone for their help.

0 Kudos