cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3.0

craigcrobertson
Joining in

Hi there, like some other users on the forum I have read about, my hub 3.0 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light.

It has been like this for a week or so now, it is kept in an open area and not overheating. I've tried to unplug for a while but the red light always comes on immediatly on powerup. The wifi performance around the house is poorer now as well, with a shorter range and connection drop out throughout the day.

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi craigcrobertson thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your issues with the hub.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @craigcrobertson, thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi I’ve been experiencing the same permanent red light issue on my hub. I do have WiFi but it’s not great. I’ve checked all connections it’s up on unit so not overheating. I’ve rebooted it etc…..

I spoke on webchat at least a week ago and they ran tests and said everything was fine do probably in the middle of updates. However the red light has permanently been on now for about 2 weeks.

Hi Lee,

Thanks very much for your message and setting up the appointment. 

Could I just clarify what you mean by the phrase you used:

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

What is defined as 'my equipment'? If the problem is with the Hub that you supplied me with and it needs replaced will there be a charge?

Many thanks

Craig

Hi Craigcrobertson,

Thanks for your reply to Lee's post, we mean any 3rd party routers/other devices that you may be using to boost your broadband whilst popping the Hub into modem mode 🙂

Thanks!

Megan_L