cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3.0

Chris98
Joining in

I have a permanent red light on my router. I see on this message board that this indicates that the hub may be overheating but I am being fobbed off by the service centre. I have rebooted and pin restarted but it has made no difference. I am concerned that either the router is overheating or that the indicator is faulty - both of which are a potential fire risk. Please could you arrange for an engineer to visit to check it or arrange for a replacement to be sent to me.

thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Chris98,

Glad I could get a tech appointment booked in for you. If you want to view or change your appointment you can do so form here then under Help > Appointments and Orders 

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chris98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your router. Is the router hot to the touch at all? If not, can you clarify what other diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach,

It is warm to the touch rather than hot (but certainly warmer than it used to get). I have run all the automated VM checks that the site has prompted me to try, restarted several times (including leaving it off overnight on a couple of occasions) and I have tried speaking to the service centre twice - once a month ago when they told me it was probably down to the hot weather and advised me to move the router - although they did run some tests - and again today when they talked me through a pin reset and said they would send some updates that should sort the problem when it restarted but the light remains red. The service centre people say there is no sign that there is anything wrong at their end but clearly an overheating warning shouldn’t be ignored.

cheers

Chris

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris98,

Thank you for getting back to us, we will need to book a tech in to get this replaced, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Chris98,

Glad I could get a tech appointment booked in for you. If you want to view or change your appointment you can do so form here then under Help > Appointments and Orders 

Zoie

Thanks for your help Zoie

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We're happy to help Chris! 🙂

Please do pop back and let us know how things are working for you following the engineer visit.

Kind regards,

Serena

A final update. Engineer visited and replaced hub - all working fine now so well worth raising concerns on here. Thanks to everyone who helped sort the issue. 

Hi Chris98,

Thanks for much for coming back to update the thread, I'm pleased to hear that the engineer was able to resolve the issue for you and that you've been happy with the service provided over the Community Forums. 

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us from here should you need anything else!

Beth

Beth