cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Router

Jack141
Tuning in

I've been experiencing the red light on my hub for five days. I've factory reset this and place the router in a cool place.

I've called customer services and was told there's nothing they would do. I called a second time and was placed on hold for over 45 minutes.

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Jack141, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the red light showing on the router. Can you confirm if the router is hot when touching it?

Looking in your account, the hub looks like it's in good condition. Are you experiencing any issues with the devices that are connecting to the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

If the red light is on and the hub is in router mode - it needs replacing!

It is either getting too hot or has a faulty sensor that will not then tell you if the hub does start to overheat - each is a fire risk!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi David_Bn,

Regardless to whether there's a fault or issue on my line. The router is indicating that there's a over heating issue and I would like this replaced. 

This is a fire risk. 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

If it is a HUB4, Red does not mean it is overheating, there is no official colour for it in the specs but I think it is purple for overheating.

What do the lights your WiFi hub mean | Virgin Media

Sorry - I should've confirmed that I have a Hub 3

Hi Jack,

Thanks for coming back to us and for confirming it is a Hub 3.0 you have, as you rightly advised a Red light on the Hub 3.0 doe mean it is overheating, I have managed to have a look at your account our end with the details we have for you and it doesn't look like this has been resolved.

So I can arrange a new Router I will invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.