cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub

Wayne1975AVFC
Joining in

I have recently had a solid red light appear on my hub, I have checked all cables and they are fine. Turned off the hub for 20 minutes and still came back on. The hub isn't hot and has lots of ventilation in the living room. My Internet connection is fine and no problem with connection. Does anyone have any more ideas of what's the cause. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it a Hub3? If so its a well known "feature" of some Hub3's. VM usually swap these out as it compromises a "real" overheating warning. Someone from VM will respond soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for getting in touch with me and yes, it's a Hub 3. Had it for a while now, but this has only just happened. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wayne1975AVFC,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for this as we'll need a technician to replace the box if the light does not change.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Wayne1975AVFC,

The appointment has now been booked in for you.

Do let us know how the visit goes, you can also reschedule if needs be via MyVM where the appointment will also show.

Take care,

Kain