cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3

RobMc
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had a red light on my Hub 3 the past few days.

The hub sits on it's own in a well ventilated area,I've switched it on/off and reset it but still a red light appears.

I looked up on the VM website and apparently it's because the hub is hot.

I called 150 and was told,after being put on hold several times,that a new power pack would solve this and it would arrive in the next day or two?

I called 150 again yesterday,told the guy what the operator had told me about them sending a new power pack out and he said the person had not ordered a new power pack for me and he couldn't understand why that would have helped anyway.He then goes on to tell me that the red light may be showing because the white light has failed?

I told him that the VM website states a red light means the hub is too hot,he carries on with the white light is dead patter but to 'keep my eye on it'.

My concern is that if the Hub is overheating is it a potential fire risk as it's on 24/7?

Anyone any idea what my next step would be as 2 separate calls to 150 have been absolutely pointless.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yeah it's in router mode,also making my wifi a bit intermittent.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This has been escalated for VM to comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @RobMc,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your hub. I have sent you a private message in regards to this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks,have sent my details.

Thank you for proving the relevant details @RobMc,

Please check your PM's for a response 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thanks have sent PM.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @RobMc. Happy to help!

You can also amend the appointment in your my VM account. 

Please keep us updated on the outcome of the appointment 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team