cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3

Mark-brooks
Tuning in

Hi, thought I would try here as all other routes have been unsuccessful to say the least. Reported solid red light on my Hub 3 router with intermittent WiFi over a week ago. Spent over 3 hours on the phone. Multiple tests & diagnostic checks done. I have been passed from pillar to post without anyone actually committing to fix my issue. Eventually they agreed to send an engineer with a replacement box, who then didn’t turn up, but I received no call etc to let me know. Called up again & they said to run tests again. Absolute joke. Was promised a call back, guess what it never happened. 
can anybody assist

Mark

9 REPLIES 9

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mark-brooks,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that your issue has not been resolved and that the engineer you had booked was cancelled.

This is not the service we are aiming to provide to any customer. 

Remotely looking from our end, have located your details from your community profile and can see that you have already contacted our team about this issue and another technician has been arranged for you.

You can check the appointment here https://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/myvmapp/help/help_l3_t2_s4_a1.html

Please can you let us know how this visit goes and come back to us if you're still having issues.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I now have a new router which is working correctly. The problem is my WiFi pod (virgin one) no longer connects to my new WiFi. How can I get this working again 

Thanks

Mark 

Hey Mark-brooks, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having issues with your pod.

Since you got a new hub you are going to have Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods LEDs to stop blinking.

Once you have done this your pod will work again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Pods still won’t connect to my new WiFi since having a new hub 3 set up. I have been told the pod needs to be provisioned to my hub. How is this done 

Hi @Mark-brooks,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues connecting the Pod. 

I've taken a look at our systems and can see you spoke to our team today and they have raised this with our support team for you. 

Do keep us posted with how things go or if you require any further assistance. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As normal no call back as promised 

still have no WiFi downstairs as pod not connecting 

this needs sorting 

Hopefully our IT team will be able to have this resolved for you as soon as possible @Mark-brooks.

When an IT ticket is raised, there is an expected SLA of 5 working days for the issue to be resolved - however this period can be longer if it does happen to be a complex issue.

Looking at the date of the advice given from my colleague, we would still be within that 5 day working period.

Do please keep us posted.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Then your team need to stop telling me I will be contacted within 24 hours

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Mark-brooks. 

We apologise for any delays in getting this matter resolved. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have recently spoken with the team regarding this issue. 

Please do let us know if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat