cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3

chalklands
On our wavelength

Hi.

My Hub 3 is displaying a constant red light. What does this mean and how do I clear it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s an overheat warning. If the hub is hot then turn it off as it may be a fire hazard. If it’s not hot then reboot. If the fault returns the hub should be replaced.

I will escalate this thread for a priority response from the forum team.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s an overheat warning. If the hub is hot then turn it off as it may be a fire hazard. If it’s not hot then reboot. If the fault returns the hub should be replaced.

I will escalate this thread for a priority response from the forum team.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I rebooted it last night, same problem. I switched it off over night and have just rebooted. The red light is still on. It isn't unduly hot just a bit warm. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chalklands

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub displaying a red light. 

If the Hub is in a well-ventilated location and you've tried rebooting and the issue persists, we can arrange for an engineer to visit to get this replaced.

I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and get this booked for you 🙂

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ayisha.

I've replied to your PM. I can confirm that the router is in a well ventilated location.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @chalklands 🙂
All done for you! I've booked a technician to come out and have a look into the issue with your hub and get this replaced. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes and hope you have a fab weekend! 😄

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Aisha.