cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on HUB3

Rchul70
Tuning in

Hi

I have a HUB3, the usual white light is now no longer showing, it is a constant Red light. I have rebooted the HUB several time now, over the last week or so, and it remains as a red light. 

We are noticing a degradation on service within the house, but when I do tests via teh VM app all seems ok.

Any advice please? checking here before I try to make a fault call to save myself a long wait on the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great to hear it was all sorted Rchul70

Do pop back to the forum if we can ever assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Turn off the hub and leave for half an hour, turn on ensure it’s well ventilated, if LED remains red it will need replacing. A VM staff member will get to your post shortly. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Rchul70, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are seeing the red light on your hub, as you have mentioned you have noticed the service has degraded this may be related.

I have checked our system and can see you have spoken with the team since posting this, were they able to help you get this resolved? If not, please let us know and we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi - no they were not able to help, the just arranged for an engineer visit, which isnt until wednesday afternoon next week.

Thanks, I have rebooted the router several time over the course of a vew days. The router is free standing and not in a unit or contained in anything, so certainly ventilated, although the unit is quite warm.

Hey Rchul70, thank you letting us know this. I am sorry we cannot get a engineer out till Wednesday.

However untill then please could you ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

If this does start to get hot please switch it off.

Please also keep updated on how the visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s all sorted thanks. An engineer was able to attend this weekend. The hub was replaced. Many thanks. 

Great to hear it was all sorted Rchul70

Do pop back to the forum if we can ever assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill