cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3

nicoleadams1992
Joining in

Can any one help I've had a solid red light on my router for the last two days rather than the usual white light the Internet is still working but drops out I've got in contact with virgin media who said its all working from there end, but some of the answers on Google mentioned that it means it's over heating when I presented that information to the call handler she again said that it's all working fine from there end and they do not replace routers feel like I'm going in circles any suggestions please 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo so VM can see this for when they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

How do I do that 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Press "Reply". Click the camera icon. Select the photo. Press "done".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nicoleadams1992,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your Hub.

Please can you turn the power switch off at the back of the Hub? Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. 

The Hub should now operate normally, if not please let me know if the red light persists, so I can arrange a replacement.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi hayley thanks for getting back to me I have done as requested and the red light still shows 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A faulty Hub with a defective overheat red warning LED should be replaced.  It's a fire risk and VM know this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This was my argument with the lady on the phone yesterday who was about as helpfull as a chocolate fire guard and refused to put me through to someone else to speak to 

Hello @nicoleadams1992,

Thanks for trying this, I will send you a private message now.

So I can get this sorted, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide