cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3, worried about overheating risk

wkervick
Tuning in

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times. I have left the hub off for a period to allow to cool down. The red light remains. Hub is in a well ventilated space. Have called virgin several times only to be told there are no issues with the hub even though I'm getting intermittent connection issues and this has been going on for more than a month now. 
please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder

@wkervick wrote:

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times. I have left the hub off for a period to allow to cool down. The red light remains. Hub is in a well ventilated space. Have called virgin several times only to be told there are no issues with the hub even though I'm getting intermittent connection issues and this has been going on for more than a month now. 
please help.

@Zach_R - They've already done all of that!

Just book a tech for crying out loud!

Red light in router mode = new hub unless VM want to be responsible legally for a charred house and maybe charred people!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wkervick,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your Hub 3 displaying a constant red light. Please follow the below steps in the first instance.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains despite following the above, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

lotharmat
Community elder

@wkervick wrote:

please help.

@Zach_R - They've already done all of that!

Just book a tech for crying out loud!

Red light in router mode = new hub unless VM want to be responsible legally for a charred house and maybe charred people!

Thanks all for your input, very helpful. I’ll send you a private message Zach and hopefully you can arrange for a tech to swap out the router. Thanks, William

Hi @wkervick,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage the appointment online via the My Virgin Media online account. It might not appear straight away for you, but should be there in about an hour or so.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

thanks Zach

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all @wkervick . We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

The engineer was supposed to be here between 12 and 4, he’s still not here, I have a missed call from my mobile at 4:20 maybe its him, he won’t pick up now I’ve tried three times, please can you help? Thanks, william

Hey @wkervick,

Sorry to hear they weren't there within the time window. It looks like from our systems, the job was marked as complete, were they able to resolve the issue for you?

Thanks. Joe