cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light constantly on on my Hub 3

stewartfurini
Joining in

Hi

I had a live zoom stream running this week and kept getting a message about unstable internet connection and kept losing the connection. My hub has a red light on constantly despite me trying what has been suggested in multiple posts about this problem. I've seen it could mean it's overheating or that a cable is not plugged in correctly - neither of these is the case. Worried my hub is not reliable and would like a fix or a replacement....can anyone help with this?

This is what I have already tried: 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains, pop back here and let us know. We can then either arrange a replacement or an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub. 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub will need replaced as your overheat warning is faulty.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, Adduxi...will wait for a mod...cheers!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stewartfurini, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised about your Hub's red light.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W