cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light

Jasper73
Joining in

Afternoon all

I noticed that my Hub 3 is showing a constant red light (indicating overheating), have tried powering off for 20 mins but the problem returns. I am in router mode and remember the light being purple before so defiantely a fault. Can a forum administrator book me a new hub please?

Thanks

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit to replace your router – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will respond soon - in the meantime post up a photo of the red light

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jasper73
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear your router has given a red light warning. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and book you the earliest technician appointment to replace the router for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Carley

IMG_20220412_164214__01.jpg

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit to replace your router – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I have been expereincing this red light issue with my superhub 3 for some time , every indication across the forums is that this is due to either overheating or a faulty sensor , I would appreciate if someone could contact me regards replacing the hub as phoning you is not great and i wish to retain my will to live.

Hi Enigmacode,

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear you also have a red light showing on your Hub 3.

I can see that a member of the forum team (Hayley) has reached out to you to offer help with this. If you do need anything else please do pop her a message.

Thanks 🙂

Beth