cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub

Jamieuk83
Joining in

Had issues with Netflix saying I was using a proxy and was unable to watch content, I read that to solve this you should put router to modem mode then reset. I followed the steps and changed it back to router mode but now I just have a constant red light on the router, I am unable to log in with either IP address and have no Internet via Ethernet or WiFi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like it's still in modem mode.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like it's still in modem mode.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This appears to have done the trick, thank you very much! Back to binge watching Cocomelon with my son 😂

I'm still receiving the same error on Netflix though; You seem to be using a VPN or proxy. Please turn off any of these serviced and try again. For more help, visit Netflix.com/proxy

Thanks for the update Jamieuk83 and glad to hear this has now been resolved 🙂

Rob